Pages User Guide for iPhone
- What’s new in Pages 13.2
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Check spelling in Pages on iPhone
Spelling errors are corrected as you type, unless you turned off the Auto-Correction setting for your iPhone. If you turned off this setting, you can still flag spelling errors as you enter text in Pages documents. You can also add terms to the dictionary so they’re not marked as misspellings.
Note: Spelling is checked according to the language of the keyboard you’re using, not the language of the document.
Check and correct spelling
Tap , tap Settings, then tap Auto-Correction.
Turn on Check Spelling, then tap the document to close the controls.
Misspelled and unrecognized words are underlined in red.
Tap a misspelled word, then tap the correct spelling.
Add and remove words from the spelling dictionary
Add a word: Tap the underlined word, then tap Learn Spelling (you may need to tap Replace first). The word is added to the dictionary used by Pages and other apps.
Remove a word: Double-tap the word in your document, then tap Unlearn Spelling. The word is removed from the dictionary used by Pages and other apps.
If you don’t see Unlearn Spelling, tap , then tap Unlearn Spelling.
Note: If you add a word to the spelling dictionary, it’s added for all languages.
Turn off the Pages spell checker
Tap , then tap Settings.
Tap Auto-Correction, then turn off Check Spelling.
If you don’t want words to be corrected as you type, turn off autocorrect. See the task below for instructions.
Turn off autocorrect for your device
When autocorrect is turned on, misspelled and unknown words are automatically corrected as you type. Turning off autocorrect applies not only to Pages, but to other apps where you type text, such as Mail.
On the Home screen of your device, tap Settings, then tap General.
Tap Keyboard, then turn off Auto-Correction.