Numbers User Guide for Mac
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open or close spreadsheets
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Touch Bar for Numbers
- Use VoiceOver to create a spreadsheet
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Filter data
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Use a keyboard shortcut to apply a style
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Add links
- Add rules (lines) to separate text
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share, or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Reduce the spreadsheet file size
- Save a large spreadsheet as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Lock a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Add or delete a table in Numbers on Mac
When you add a table, you choose from a number of predesigned styles that match your template. After you add a table, you can customize it however you like. You can add as many tables as you want to a sheet.
Add a new table
Click in the toolbar, then click a table or drag one to the sheet.
Do any of the following:
Type in a cell: Click the cell, then start typing.
Move the table: Click the table, then drag in its top-left corner.
Add or remove rows: Click the table, then drag in its bottom-left corner down or up.
Resize the table: Click the table, click in its top-left corner, then Shift-drag the white square in its bottom-right corner to resize the table proportionally.
Change the alternating row color setting: Click the table; in the Format sidebar, click the Table tab; then deselect or select Alternating Row Color. (To choose a different color, click the color well.)
Change the look of a table: Click the table, then use the controls in the Table tab of the sidebar to make changes, such as adding a table outline or changing the table font size.
Create a table from existing cells
When you create a new table from cells in an existing table, the original cell data is moved, not copied. The original table is left with empty cells, which you can delete.
Click and hold the selection until it appears to lift, then drag it to another place on the spreadsheet.
To delete the empty cells from the original table, select the empty cells, Control-click, then choose Delete Rows or Delete Columns.
Delete a table
Click the table, click in its top-left corner, then press Delete on your keyboard.
Note: If a table is linked to a form added in Numbers for iPhone or iPad, deleting the table clears the form.