VoiceOver User Guide
- What’s new in VoiceOver
- Use VoiceOver in the login window
- Change function key behavior
- Make VoiceOver ignore the next key press
- Learn or mute VoiceOver sound effects
- Hear hints and information
- Use positional audio
- Interact with areas and groups
- Hear progress or status changes
- Select and deselect items
- Drag and drop items
- Use cursor tracking
- Use VoiceOver Utility
- Change voice settings
- Customize verbosity
- Customize punctuation
- Change how VoiceOver pronounces text and symbols
- Change what the VoiceOver rotor shows
- Create custom labels for UI elements
- Export, import, and reset VoiceOver preferences
- Use VoiceOver portable preferences
- Use VoiceOver activities
Quick Nav Commander assignments, VoiceOver Utility on Mac
Use the Quick Nav Commander assignments pane in VoiceOver Utility to assign VoiceOver commands to single keys for use when navigating webpages using Quick Nav.
To open VoiceOver Utility, press Command-F5 to turn VoiceOver on, then press VO-F8.
Note: VO represents the VoiceOver modifier. See Use the VoiceOver modifier.
Choose Arrows or Single Keys.
Arrows or Single Key
Arrows or single keys assigned to VoiceOver commands.
VoiceOver commands assigned to arrows or single keys.
To assign a different command to a single key, click the command field to display pop-up menus for the different types of commands, then choose a command.
Add a key to the list of single keys. Type the key, click the Command pop-up menu, then choose a VoiceOver command to assign to the key.
Delete a key from the list of single keys.