Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Remove a printer from your printer list when you don’t use it on Mac
If you no longer use a printer, you can remove it from your list of available printers.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Printers & Scanners in the sidebar. (You may have to scroll down.)
Control-click the printer in the list on the right, choose Remove printer, then click Remove Printer.
Tip: You can also delete a printer by clicking the printer in the Printers list, then click Remove Printer.
If you remove the printer that’s set as your default printer, macOS selects another printer as your default. To set a different printer as your default, choose it from the Default Printer pop-up menu in Printers & Scanners settings.
Thanks for your feedback.