Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Play CDs and DVDs on Mac
If you connect an external optical drive (for example, an Apple USB SuperDrive), you can play CDs and DVDs to listen to music, watch movies, or access files that were backed up on a disc.
Turn the disc label so it faces up or toward you.
Insert the disc into the optical drive until you feel the drive catch and pull the disc in.
You must insert the disc nearly all the way in before the drive pulls it in.
If you’re using an Apple USB SuperDrive, it accepts only standard 120-mm (about 4.72 inches) round CD and DVD discs. Don’t insert smaller or irregularly shaped discs, and don’t insert a disc with anything hanging from it (for example, a cleaner disc).
Thanks for your feedback.