Change your desktop picture from System Preferences
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences.
- Click Desktop & Screen Saver.
- From the Desktop pane, select a folder of images on the left, then click an image on the right to change your desktop picture.
Use Dynamic Desktop
Dynamic Desktop in macOS Mojave is a series of beautiful images that automatically change to match the time of day in your area. Choose from two Dynamic Desktop themes: Mojave and Solar Gradients. You can also choose from a variety of still desktop pictures, including Mojave Day or Mojave Night.
Add a folder of your own images
To add a folder of your own images, click the Add button below the list of folders.
Change your desktop picture from Photos
- Open the Photos app.
- If you're using multiple displays, drag the Photos window over the desktop that you want to change.
- Control-click (or right-click) the image that you want to use.
- Select Share from the shortcut menu, then choose Set Desktop Picture from the submenu.
Change your desktop picture from the Finder
- From a Finder window or your desktop, locate the image file that you want to use.
- Control-click (or right-click) the file, then choose Set Desktop Picture from the shortcut menu. If you're using multiple displays, this changes the wallpaper of your primary display only.
If you don't see Set Desktop Picture in the shortcut menu, you should see a submenu named Services instead. Choose Set Desktop Picture from there.
- You can use these image formats for desktop pictures: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and PICT.
- For more information about the settings in Desktop preferences, click in the corner of the Desktop preferences window.
- How to change your iPhone wallpaper