Check your requirements
Keynote Remote is included with Keynote for iPhone and iPad. To use Keynote Remote to control your presentation, here's what you need:
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with Keynote 2.1 or later for iPhone or iPad
- A Mac with Keynote for Mac 6.1 or later
- A remote device linked to your Mac or another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Use Keynote Remote
- After you link Keynote Remote to your Mac, iPhone or iPad, follow these steps to control your slideshow.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your iPhone or iPad and turn on Wi-Fi on your Mac.
- Open your Keynote presentation on the device with the presentation.
- On the Keynote Remote device, open the Keynote app, then tap the Keynote Remote button . If you don't see the Keynote Remote button, tap Presentations or the Back button , then tap the Keynote Remote button.
- Tap Play, then choose what you want to do:
- To use a different layout, tap the Layout button , then select an option.
- To move to the next or previous slide, swipe in either direction.
- To highlight or point to parts of a slide during a presentation, tap the Highlighter button , then choose an option. To close Highlighter, tap the Close button .
- To end the presentation, tap the Close button or swipe down with two fingers.
If your devices can't stay connected, connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network on your Mac and on your iPhone or iPad. If a Wi-Fi network isn't available, use Bluetooth. To turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Settings app, tap Bluetooth, then turn Bluetooth on. To turn on Bluetooth on your Mac, open System Preferences, click Bluetooth, then click Turn Bluetooth On.