- From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
- Click Update Now or Upgrade Now:
If you're having difficulty finding or installing updates:
- If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then macOS and all of the apps it installs are up to date, including Safari, Messages, Mail, Music, Photos, FaceTime, Calendar, and Books.
- If you want to update apps downloaded from the App Store, use the App Store to get updates.
- If you want to update your iOS device, learn how to update iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- If your Mac doesn't include Software Update, use the App Store to get updates.
- If an error occurred while installing an update or upgrade, learn how to resolve installation issues.