Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- All about Apple Fitness+
- Subscribe to Apple Fitness+
- Set up Apple Fitness+ on Apple TV
- Browse Fitness+ workouts and Meditations
- Start a Fitness+ workout
- Pause and resume a Fitness+ workout
- End and review a Fitness+ workout
- Work out together using SharePlay
- Change what’s on the screen during a Fitness+ workout
- Download a Fitness+ workout
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Read mail on Apple Watch
Read mail on your Apple Watch, then reply using the QWERTY and QuickPath keyboard (not available in all languages, Apple Watch Series 7 and Apple Watch Series 8 only), dictation, Scribble, emoji, or a prepared response, or switch to your iPhone to type a response.
WARNING: For important information about avoiding distractions that could lead to dangerous situations, see Important safety information for Apple Watch.
Read mail in a notification
To read a new message, just raise your wrist when the notification arrives.
To dismiss the notification, swipe down from the top or tap Dismiss at the end of the message.
If you miss the notification, swipe down on the watch face later to see unread notifications, then tap it there.
To control email notifications on your Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, then go to Mail > Custom.
Read mail in the Mail app
Open the Mail app on your Apple Watch.
Turn the Digital Crown to scroll the message list.
Tap a message to read it.
To jump to the top of a long message, turn the Digital Crown, or tap the top of the screen.
Messages are formatted to be viewed on your Apple Watch. Most text styles are preserved, and you can tap website links in Mail and view web-formatted content optimized for Apple Watch. Double-tap to zoom in on the content.
Website links may not be available in all regions.
Tip: You can make a call, open a map, or view web-formatted content from a mail message—just tap a phone number, address, or link.
Switch to iPhone
When you receive a message you want to read on your iPhone, follow these steps:
Wake your iPhone.
On an iPhone with Face ID, swipe up from the bottom edge and pause to show the App Switcher. (On an iPhone with a Home button, double-click the Home button to show the App Switcher.)
Tap the button at the bottom of the screen to open Mail.