Use Notification Center
Notification Center shows your notifications, like a calendar alert or a missed FaceTime call. Notification Center also gives you quick access to widgets that show you information from your apps.
To open Notification Center, click in the upper-right corner of your screen, then choose what you want to do:
- Add and remove widgets: Click the Today tab, click Edit at the bottom, then click or .
- Rearrange widgets: Click the Today tab, click Edit at the bottom, then drag a widget to a new location.
- Get more widgets: Click the Today tab, click Edit at the bottom, then click App Store.
- View missed notifications: Click Notifications.
- Quickly access Do Not Disturb and Night Shift: Swipe down, then click the on and off buttons.
Learn how to keep results from Siri in Notification Center.
Customize alerts or turn them off
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications.
- Select an app in the left column.
- Choose Banners or Alerts. Or to turn off alerts for the app, choose None.
Some apps also have sounds, badges, and other notifications options.
Use Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb silences incoming calls and notifications and automatically turns on when your Mac is connected to a TV or projector. If you want to choose when Do Not Disturb turns on and off, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications.
To get more information about Notifications, click in Notifications preferences.