Apple TV User Guide
- What’s new in tvOS 16
- Use tvOS Control Center
- Watch together using SharePlay
- Use screen savers
- Customize the Home Screen
- Use iOS or iPadOS Control Center
- Use the Search app
- Restrict access to content
- Adjust privacy settings
- Manage storage
- Share Apple TV
- Family Sharing
- Adjust video and audio settings
- Connect Bluetooth devices
- Set notifications
- Set the TV button
- Use the iOS or iPadOS keyboard
- Control your TV and volume
- Use other remotes
- Use Apple TV as a conference room display
- Change network settings
- Change language or region
- Accessibility features
- Use Zoom to magnify
- Use Hover Text to see enlarged text
- Reduce screen motion
- Use audio descriptions
- Navigate Apple TV by tapping
- Set AirPods controls
- Set hearing controls
- Type instead of speaking to Siri
- Add an accessibility shortcut
Adjust Apple TV audio
During playback, you can control your TV or audio/video receiver volume with the Siri Remote. Additional audio controls let you change AirPlay speakers, choose Bluetooth® headphones, change the language audio track, or reduce loud sounds.
Adjust the volume
On the Siri Remote, press the or button.
For more information about setting up the remote to control your TV or receiver, see Control your TV and volume with the Siri Remote.
Mute or unmute the sound (Second-generation Siri Remote only)
On the Siri Remote, press the Mute button .
Change audio options during playback
Choose options from the pop-up menu to do any of the following:
Play audio in its original format: Choose Full Dynamic Range to hear the soundtrack as it was mixed for movie theaters.
Reduce loud sounds: Choose Reduce Loud Sounds to minimize the volume difference between sound effects and dialogue so that dialogue is clearer at a lower volume.
Change the audio track: Choose a different audio track (such as a different language).
To close the pop-up menu, press the Back button (second-generation Siri Remote) or button (first-generation Siri Remote).