Apple Music User Guide
- What’s new
- Subscribe to Apple Music
- Share Apple Music with Family Sharing
- Stream recommended songs
- Add and download music
- Access your music library
- Play Apple Music radio
- Listen to music together using SharePlay
- Listen to lossless audio
- Listen to spatial audio
- Customize Apple Music
- Search for music
- Listen to an internet broadcast
- Play CDs
- Use Music MiniPlayer
- See visual effects
- Use HomePod with Music
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Choose speakers
- Adjust the volume
- Adjust the sound quality
- Set up the iTunes Remote app
- Problems playing music or audio
- Change Music preferences
Prevent a song from playing in Music on Mac
You can set Music to ignore certain songs in your library and never play them.
In the Music app on your Mac, click Songs below Library in the sidebar.
Deselect the checkbox next to the song.
If you don’t see checkboxes next to the songs, choose Music > Preferences, click General, then make sure “Songs list checkboxes” is selected. See Change General preferences.
Important: Deselecting a song’s checkbox removes the checkmark from the song in all playlists.