Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Copy and paste formulas in Numbers on iPad
To reuse a similar calculation in multiple locations in your spreadsheet, you can copy and paste functions and formulas from one cell to other cells.
Copy and paste the formula or formula result from a cell
When the keyboard is closed, you can copy a formula, or just the result, from one cell to another.
Tap the cell with the formula you want to copy, tap it again, then tap Copy in the contextual menu.
Tap the cell where you want to paste the formula or the result, tap it again, then tap Paste.
To preserve the formula, tap Paste Formulas, or to paste only the result, tap Paste Values.
Copy and paste only part of the formula in a cell
Double-tap the cell with the formula you want to copy.
Tap to the right of the formula in the formula editor above the keyboard, then tap Select.
Drag the blue selection handles to encompass only the part of the formula you want to copy, then tap Copy.
Tap the cell where you want to paste the partial formula, then tap above the keyboard on the right.
Tap in the formula editor where you want to insert the partial formula, tap Paste, then tap .