Pages User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Customize the toolbar
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Quick navigation in Pages on iPad
To make it easier to navigate your document, you can view thumbnails of the pages in your document or a table of contents to help you quickly find and jump to a particular page. You can also use a shortcut to jump to the beginning of the document.
Show or hide Page Thumbnails view
Do one of the following to show page thumbnails:
Swipe right from the left side of the screen.
Tap at the top of the screen, turn on Page Thumbnails, then tap the document to close the view.
To hide page thumbnails, swipe left across the thumbnails.
In Page Thumbnails view, you can rearrange sections in a word-processing document or rearrange pages in a page layout document. See Rearrange pages or sections in Pages on iPad.
Show Table of Contents view
Tap at the top of the screen.
Tap an entry to jump to that page.
To close the table of contents without leaving the current page, tap the document.
Jump to the beginning of a document
Tap the status bar (the border displaying the time, above the Pages toolbar).
Tip: You can also bookmark text in your document, then use the bookmarks list to jump to the bookmarks. See Add bookmarks and cross-references.