Siri on HomePod can help you check the weather, find places to go, and check traffic so you can get to where you’re going on time.
Check the weather
Want to know if you should wear a coat or bring an umbrella? Just ask Siri. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What’s the temperature outside?"
- "Do I need an umbrella today?"
- "How’s the weather tomorrow?"
Want to try a new restaurant? Or want to know what time the grocery store closes? Just ask Siri. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "Where’s a great place to eat Mexican food?"
- "What time does the Apple Store close?"
- "Where’s the closest gas station?"
Whether you’re on your way to work or just want to know how long it takes to get somewhere, Siri can help. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What’s the traffic like getting to work?"
- "What's the fastest way to get to the airport from here?"
Stay up to date
Catch up on current events, sports, stocks, and more with Siri.
Get the latest news
You can get news briefs from the top news sources in the world. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What’s the news today?"
- "Give me the latest sports news."
Want to switch to a different news source? Just say "Hey Siri, play news from," then say the news source.
News isn't available in all countries and regions.
Catch up on sports
Want to know if your favorite football team won the game last night? And when they play next? Siri knows. Say "Hey Siri," then you can say things like:
- "What baseball games are on?"
- "Who’s leading in the Bundesliga right now?"
Stay up to date on the stock market, prices, news, and more with Siri. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "How's the stock market doing today?"
- "What’s the market capitalization of Apple?"
- "Where’s the London Stock Exchange today?"
- "Compare AAPL and the NASDAQ."
Cook with Siri
Need a little help in the kitchen? Siri can help you measure ingredients, set multiple timers, and even help you count calories.
Need help converting cups to ounces? Siri can help. Just say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "How many milliliters are in a cup?"
- "Convert 2 cups to ounces."
- "How many teaspoons are in a tablespoon?"
- "How many grams are in a pound?"
Set multiple timers
Cooking multiple things in the kitchen? Siri can set multiple timers and name them on HomePod. Just say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "Set a 45 minute rice timer."
- "Set another timer for 15 minutes."
- "How much time is left on the rice timer?"
- "Pause the rice timer."
Get nutritional facts
Ask Siri questions about food and get answers from the USDA database, like calories, vitamins, and how healthy a food is. Say “Hey Siri,” then you can ask things like:
- "How many calories are in an ounce of cheddar cheese?"
- “How much caffeine is in coffee?”
- “How much fiber is in broccoli?"
More ways to use Siri on HomePod
Siri on HomePod is great at answering questions about the things you want to know and do in your home. Here's what you can do.
Be on time
Need to wake up early to catch a flight? Or want to check the time in another city? Siri can help. Say "Hey Siri," then say something like:
- "What time is it in Berlin?"
- "When is daylight saving time?"
- "Wake me up tomorrow at 6:00 a.m."
- "Change my 6:00 a.m alarm to 6:30 a.m."
When the alarm goes off, you can say "Hey Siri, snooze" or "Hey Siri, stop."
Find My iPhone
If you turn on Find My iPhone for your devices, you can ask Siri on HomePod to play a sound on a device to help you find it. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "Where’s my iPhone?"
- "Play a sound on my iPhone."
- "Where's my Apple Watch?"
Ask Siri to translate
Ask Siri how to say something in Mandarin, Spanish, French, German, Italian, or other language. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask things like:
- "How do you say 'nice to meet you' in Mandarin?"
- "How do you say 'thank you' in Italian?"
- "How do you say 'Good Morning' in German?"
From math to pop culture, Siri knows a little bit about everything. Say "Hey Siri," then you can ask Siri things like:
- "Who sings this song?"
- "What’s a 15% tip on $85?"
- "How high is Mount Everest?"
- "What movie won Best Picture last year?"
- With Personal Requests on HomePod, you can ask Siri to send and read messages, make phone calls, add reminders, create notes, and more.
- Turn on lights, adjust the thermostat, and control all of the products that you use in your home with Siri.
- Use Siri to listen to music and podcasts on HomePod.
Siri availability, features, and commands varies by language, and country and region. Learn which Siri features are supported in which countries and regions.