Numbers User Guide for Mac
- What’s new in Numbers 13.2
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open or close spreadsheets
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Touch Bar for Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Filter data
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Use a keyboard shortcut to apply a style
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Add links
- Add borders and rules (lines) to separate text
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share, or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change object transparency
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Reduce the spreadsheet file size
- Save a large spreadsheet as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Lock a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
© 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Use of the “keyboard” Apple logo (Option-Shift-K) for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Apple may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.
Note: Because Apple frequently releases new versions and updates to its system software, applications, and internet sites, images shown in this manual may be slightly different from what you see on your screen.
Apple, the Apple logo, AirDrop, AirPlay, AirPrint, Apple Books, Apple Music, Apple Pencil, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Digital Crown, Face ID, FaceTime, Finder, GarageBand, Handoff, iBooks, iMovie, iPad, iPad Pro, iPadOS, iPhone, iTunes, iWork, Keychain, Keynote, Launchpad, Mac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, macOS, Magic Mouse, Magic Move, Motion, Numbers, OS X, Pages, ProRes, QuickTime, Safari, Siri, Spotlight, Touch ID, and TrueType are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
Apple ProRes, Force Touch, Multi-Touch, and Touch Bar are trademarks of Apple Inc.
App Store, iCloud, iCloud Drive, and iTunes Store are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
One Apple Park Way
Cupertino, CA 95014
IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and regions and is used under license.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Apple is under license.
Other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information in this manual is accurate. Apple is not responsible for printing or clerical errors.
Some apps and features are not available in all areas. App and feature availability is subject to change.