VoiceOver User Guide
- What’s new in VoiceOver
- Use VoiceOver in the login window
- Change function key behavior
- Make VoiceOver ignore the next key press
- Learn or mute VoiceOver sound effects
- Hear hints and information
- Use positional audio
- Interact with areas and groups
- Hear progress or status changes
- Select and deselect items
- Drag and drop items
- Use cursor tracking
- Use VoiceOver Utility
- Change voice settings
- Customize verbosity
- Customize punctuation
- Change how VoiceOver pronounces text and symbols
- Change what the VoiceOver rotor shows
- Create custom labels for UI elements
- Export, import, and reset VoiceOver preferences
- Use VoiceOver portable preferences
- Use VoiceOver activities
- General category
- Navigation category
- Sound category
- Activities category
- VoiceOver Recognition category
Use Launchpad with VoiceOver on Mac
Launchpad provides a full-screen grid of icons representing the apps on your Mac.
Note: VO represents the VoiceOver modifier. See Use the VoiceOver modifier.
Go to the Dock by pressing VO-D, then navigate to the Launchpad icon by pressing VO-Left Arrow or VO-Right Arrow.
Open Launchpad by pressing VO-Space bar.
VoiceOver automatically interacts with the grid.
Navigate down, up, left, and right in the grid by pressing VO and an arrow key.
If you have a lot of apps, Launchpad may have more than one page. To display other pages, stop interacting with the grid, navigate to the radio buttons at the bottom of the page, then select a radio button.
To open an app, press VO-Space bar.
To exit Launchpad without opening an app, press the Escape key or Fn-Tab.
You can drag and drop apps to rearrange them in Launchpad. See Use VoiceOver to drag and drop items.