Pages User Guide for iPad
- What’s new in Pages 13.2
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Customize the toolbar
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Change table gridlines and colors in Pages on iPad
You can change the look of a table by changing its outline, showing or hiding gridlines, add borders and color to cells, and using alternating row colors.
Change the table outline and gridlines
Tap the table, then tap .
Tap Table, then do any of the following:
Show the outline: Turn on Table Outline.
Change the gridlines: Tap Grid Options, then tap to turn gridlines on or off.
If you don’t see these options, swipe up from the bottom of the controls.
Change the border and background of table cells
You can change the border and background of any selection of table cells.
Select the cells you want to change.
Tap , tap Cell, then do any of the following:
Change the border: Tap Cell Border, then tap a border layout to choose which lines you want to format. Tap Border Style, then choose a border style. Or, use the controls under “Cell border” to define your own style.
Tip: To select multiple borders, tap a border layout, then touch and hold additional layouts.
Change the background: Tap Cell Fill, tap a type of fill, then tap a fill option. See Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image.
Alternate the table row colors
Tap the table, then tap .
Tap Table, then turn on Alternating Rows.
Row colors don’t alternate for header columns. Header columns have their own look based on the table style you choose.