Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Customize the toolbar
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Replace template placeholders in Numbers on iPad
Most Numbers templates include tables, text, and images that you can use as a starting point for your own spreadsheets. You can use or customize the templates’ design features—fonts, colors, cell data formats, size and location of images and tables, and so on—and replace the data with your own.
Replace placeholder cell content
Tap the cell to select it, tap , then enter your own content.
When you’re done, tap return, or tap outside the text.
Replace placeholder text
Double-tap the text to select it, then type your own.
When you’re done, tap return, tap , or tap outside the text.
Replace a placeholder image
Tap in the lower-right corner of a placeholder image, then browse for an image.
If you already replaced the placeholder image, but you want to change it, tap the image to select it, tap , tap Image, then tap Replace and browse for a replacement image.
Tap the image you want.
If you don’t see the image you want, upload it to your device and try again.
To change the part of the image that’s visible, resize the mask for the image.
To remove a placeholder entirely, select it, then tap Delete.