Siri suggests shortcuts right when you need them
Siri learns your routines across your apps. Siri then suggests an easy way to perform common tasks on the Lock screen or in Search.
For example, if you order coffee every day with the same app, Siri might suggest your favorite beverage.
To use a Siri Suggestion, just tap it on the Lock screen. Or swipe down from the center of your screen to show Search, then tap the Siri Suggestion.
Add shortcuts to Siri
You can also run any shortcut by asking Siri. Look for the Add to Siri button in your favorite apps and tap to add with your own personal phrase. Or go to Settings to find all shortcuts available on your device.
Shortcuts that require an app to open on your iOS device might not work on HomePod and Apple Watch.
Add a shortcut from a third-party app
- On your iOS device, open the app and tap .
- Tap . Then record a personal phrase that you say to Siri to run the shortcut. Make sure that you record a simple phrase that you'll remember.
- Tap Done.
Add a shortcut from Settings
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Siri & Search.
- You'll see three suggested shortcuts. Tap All Shortcuts to see more actions from different apps.
- Tap .
- To record a personal phrase, tap . Try to record a simple phrase that you'll remember.
- Tap Done.
Don't see the shortcut that you want to use?
You might need to open the app and perform the action before it appears in the suggested list of shortcuts.
Third-party apps need to support Siri Shortcuts before you can add them to Siri. If you don't see a shortcut for a third-party app, make sure that the app is up to date and check the App Store to see if the app supports Siri Shortcuts.
Run a shortcut with Siri
After you add a shortcut to Siri on your iOS device, you can run the shortcut by asking Siri your personal phrase on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch or HomePod.
Just say "Hey Siri," then say the personal phrase you created for the shortcut.
Running Siri Shortcuts requires iOS 12 or later on iPhone, iPod touch, HomePod, or Apple Watch Series 3 or later, and iOS 12 or iPadOS or later on iPad.
Delete a shortcut or change its phrase
Go to Settings > Siri & Search and tap My Shortcuts.
To change the phrase for the shortcut, tap the shortcut, then tap Re-Record Phrase.
To delete a shortcut, swipe left over the shortcut and tap Delete. Or tap the shortcut and tap Delete Shortcut.
Turn off suggested shortcuts from Search, Look Up, or the Lock screen
If you don’t want to see Siri Suggestions or Shortcuts for a specific app, go to Settings > Siri & Search, then scroll down and tap the app. From here, you can turn off all Search, Suggestions, and Shortcuts for that app. Or turn off Allow on Lock Screen to remove suggestions for that app on the Lock screen.
Go to Settings > Siri & Search, scroll down and turn off Suggestions in Search, Suggestions in Look Up, or Suggestions on Lock Screen.
- Want to run shortcuts across every iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or HomePod you own? Just sign into iCloud with the same Apple ID on each device.
- To use shortcuts on HomePod, your iOS device needs to be signed in with the same Apple ID and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as HomePod.