Apple Remote Desktop User Guide
- Control or observe one client computer
- Observe multiple client computers
- Shortcuts in the multiple-client observe window
- Choose how to control and observe
- Share screens with client computers
- Send messages
- Set up a computer running VNC software
- View a VNC server’s additional displays
- View a computer’s system status while observing
- View a user’s account picture while observing
- Switch between full screen and in-window control
- Administer computers
- Copy files
- Copy options
- Install files
- Upgrade software
- Manage files and apps
- Set preferences on client computers
- Sleep, shut down, log out, or restart a computer
- Lock or unlock a screen
- Edit client attributes
- Execute commands remotely
- Send UNIX command templates
- About networksetup
- About systemsetup
- How reporting data is collected
- Search for files
- Create file reports
- Create computer usage reports
- Create hardware reports
- Create a network responsiveness report
- Get an Administration Settings report
- Use a Task Server to create reports
- Export reports
- Generate report data automatically
- Change report layout
- Report field definitions
Control/observe window in Remote Desktop
The control/observe window looks the same whether you’re controlling or observing a single client. To switch between controlling and observing, click in the top-left corner of the window.
To resize the window, drag the resize control in the lower-right corner. For information about the controls in the window, see the table below.
Switch between controlling and observing the remote client.
Share (or stop sharing) control of the keyboard, trackpad, or mouse.
Lock or unlock the client screen. When the client screen is locked, a lock appears on it, but you can view the client desktop normally.
Capture a picture of the client’s screen and save it to a file on the administrator computer at the selected image quality.