Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Let others send faxes through your Mac
You can use Printers & Scanners settings to let other Mac users on your local network send faxes through a multifunction printer connected to your Mac. The other Mac computers must be using macOS 10.5 or later.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Printers & Scanners in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
Click the printer or scanner in the Printers list.
Select “Share this fax on the network”, then click Done.
If you can’t turn on sharing for this fax device, click Open Sharing Settings and turn on Printer sharing.
Other users’ documents waiting to be faxed through your Mac are stored on your hard disk; that is, your Mac hosts the queue for the faxes.
Thanks for your feedback.