iPod touch User Guide
- Your iPod touch
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPod touch
- Wake and unlock
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Learn basic gestures
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPod touch
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPod touch
- Travel with iPod touch
- Change or turn off the sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Change the name of your iPod touch
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Back up your Health data
- Check your email
- Set email notifications
- Search for email
- Organize email in mailboxes
- Use Hide My Email
- Change email settings
- Use Mail Privacy Protection
- Delete and recover emails
- Add a Mail widget to your Home Screen
- Print emails
- View maps
- Search for places
- Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services
- Get information about places
- Mark places
- Share places
- Rate places
- Save favorite places
- Explore new places with Guides
- Organize places in My Guides
- Get traffic and weather info
- Delete significant locations
- Quickly find your Maps settings
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Report traffic incidents in Maps on iPod touch
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Watch memories
- Personalize memories
- Find people in Photos
- Show a person or place less often
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Browse the web
- Customize your Safari settings
- Change the layout
- Search for websites
- Use tabs in Safari
- Bookmark favorite webpages
- Save pages to a Reading List
- View links shared with you
- Automatically fill in forms
- Get extensions
- Hide ads and distractions
- Browse the web privately
- Clear your cache
- Use Hide My Email
- Accessories for charging iPod touch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Make and receive phone calls
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPod touch and other devices
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPod touch with your computer
- Transfer files between iPod touch and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPod touch using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change weak or compromised passwords
- View your passwords and related information
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- Control access to information in apps
- Control access to hardware features
- Control app tracking permissions on iPod touch
- Control the location information you share
- Turn on iCloud Private Relay
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Use a private network address
- Control how Apple delivers advertising to you
Send and receive photos, videos, and audio messages on iPod touch
In the Messages app , you can send photos, videos, and audio messages. You can also share, save, or print attachments.
Send a photo or video
In Messages, do any of the following while writing a message:
Take a photo within Messages: Tap , frame the shot in the viewfinder, then tap .
Take a video within Messages: Tap , choose Video mode, then tap .
Choose an existing photo or video: Tap to see recent shots, then swipe up to search or browse through all photos and albums. If multiple photos or videos are selected, a number indicates in which order they’ll be sent.
Tap to send your message or to cancel.
If you receive multiple photos at the same time, they’re automatically grouped into a collage (2-3 photos) or a photo stack (4+ photos). You can swipe through a photo stack to view, reply, or interact with each photo individually.
To save a photo, tap the next to the photo or collection of photos.
Note: The Messages app can detect nudity in photos on your child’s device before the photos are sent or received, and provide resources to help your child handle the situation (iOS 15.2 or later; not available in all countries or regions). Apple doesn’t get access to the photos as a result of this feature. For more information, see Turn communication safety for messages on or off on a family member’s device.
Mark up or edit a photo
You can mark up or edit a photo before you send it in a Messages conversation.
Tap in the app drawer, then choose a photo.
Tap the photo in the message bubble, then do any of the following:
Tap Markup, use the Markup tools to draw on the photo, then tap Save.
Tap Edit, use the photo editing tools to edit the photo, then tap Done.
Tap Done, add a message, then tap to send the photo, or tap to remove the photo from the message bubble.
Add camera effects to a photo or video
When you take a photo or video in a Messages conversation, you can add camera effects to it—such as filters, stickers, labels, and shapes.
In a Messages conversation, tap , then choose Photo or Video mode.
Tap , then do any of the following:
Tap , then choose a filter to apply to your picture.
Tap to add a text label, or to add a shape.
Tap to add a Memoji sticker, or to add an Emoji sticker.
Tap to close the effect window.
Tap to take a photo or to record video.
Tap Done to add the photo or video to the message bubble, where you can add a message, or tap to send the photo or video directly.
Send an audio message
In a conversation, touch and hold to record an audio message.
Tap to listen to your message before you send it.
Tap to send the message or to cancel.
Note: To save space, iPod touch automatically deletes audio messages two minutes after you listen to them, unless you tap Keep. To always keep audio messages, go to Settings > Messages > Expire (below Audio Messages), then tap Never.
Listen or reply to an audio message
Raise iPod touch to your ear to play incoming audio messages.
Raise it again to reply.
To turn this feature on or off, go to Settings > Messages, then turn off Raise to Listen.
Share, save, print, copy, or delete a message or attachment
In a conversation, do any of the following with attachments:
Share, save, or print an attachment: Tap the attachment, then tap .
Copy an attachment: Touch and hold the attachment, then tap Copy.
Share items from another app: In the other app, tap Share or , then tap Messages.
Forward a message or attachment: Touch and hold a message or attachment, tap More, select additional items if desired, then tap .
Delete an attachment: Touch and hold a message or attachment, tap More, select additional items if desired, then tap .
Note: Attachments you send over iMessage (such as photos or videos) may be uploaded to Apple and encrypted so that no one but the sender and receiver can access them. To improve performance, your device may automatically upload attachments to Apple while you are composing an iMessage. If your message isn’t sent, the attachments are deleted from the server after several days.