Change your desktop picture from System Preferences
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Desktop & Screen Saver.
- From the Desktop pane, select a folder of images on the left, then click an image on the right to change your desktop picture.
macOS Mojave includes Dynamic Desktop images, which automatically change to match the time of day in your area. Choose from two Dynamic Desktop themes: Mojave and Solar Gradients. You can also choose from a variety of still desktop pictures, including Mojave Day or Mojave Night.
Add a folder of your own images
To add a folder of your own images, click the Add button below the list of folders, then choose the folder that contains your images. Or choose any image.
Change your desktop picture from Photos
- Open the Photos app.
- If you're using multiple displays, drag the Photos window over the desktop that you want to change.
- Control-click (or right-click) the image that you want to use.
- Select Share from the shortcut menu, then choose Set Desktop Picture from the submenu.
Change your desktop picture from the Finder
- From a Finder window or your desktop, locate the image file that you want to use.
- Control-click (or right-click) the file, then choose Set Desktop Picture from the shortcut menu. If you're using multiple displays, this changes the wallpaper of your primary display only.
If you don't see Set Desktop Picture in the shortcut menu, you should see a submenu named Services instead. Choose Set Desktop Picture from there.