VoiceOver User Guide
- What’s new in VoiceOver
- Use VoiceOver in the login window
- Change function key behaviour
- Make VoiceOver ignore the next key press
- Learn or mute VoiceOver sound effects
- Hear hints and information
- Use positional audio
- Interact with areas and groups
- Hear progress or status changes
- Select and deselect items
- Drag and drop items
- Use cursor tracking
- Use VoiceOver Utility
- Change voice settings
- Customise verbosity
- Customise punctuation
- Change how VoiceOver pronounces text and symbols
- Change what the VoiceOver rotor shows
- Create custom labels for UI elements
- Export, import and reset VoiceOver preferences
- Use VoiceOver portable preferences
- Use VoiceOver activities
Tile visuals to focus on the VoiceOver cursor on Mac
When you tile visuals, the screen is dimmed so that only the item in the VoiceOver cursor is visible in the centre of the screen. This feature can be helpful when you’re first learning to use VoiceOver.
Note: VO represents the VoiceOver modifier. See Use the VoiceOver modifier.
Tile visuals: Press VO-F10.
The caption or braille panel moves to the top or bottom centre of the screen, while the item in the VoiceOver cursor moves to the centre of the screen and the rest of the screen is dimmed. As you navigate, the VoiceOver cursor stays in the centre of the screen and shows the item you navigated to.
Stop tiling visuals: Press VO-F10 again.