Modern 64-bit architecture takes advantage of all system memory and supports larger frame sizes
Closed captions enhancements
Export closed captions in the SRT format, used by a wide range of websites and services
Compressor uses source media properties to automatically configure MXF and QuickTime settings
Get complete step-by-step how-to instructions and information on all features in Compressor. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in Compressor, refer to the Compressor release notes.
What's New in Compressor 4.4.1
- Import, view, adjust, and deliver closed captions in either iTT or CEA-608 format.
- Support for multiple closed caption languages and formats in an iTunes Store package.
- Embed captions in an exported video file or create a separate caption sidecar file.
- Share captioned videos directly to YouTube and Vimeo.
- Include audio description files in any iTunes Store package.
What's New in Compressor 4.4
- Export 360° video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes, then save to your Mac or share on the web. Learn more
- Deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video in Rec. 2020 PQ or HLG formats. Learn more
- Encode with the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) format for high quality at smaller file sizes. Learn more
- Create MXF files using a variety of new export presets and parameter controls. Learn more
- Export 360° video files with embedded industry-standard spherical metadata.
- Support for monoscopic and stereoscopic 360° formats.
- Deliver HDR video as P3 D65 PQ, and Rec. 2020 HLG, and Rec. 2020 PQ for HDR10.
- Easily convert HDR to Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) video.
- Create a custom HEVC export setting in Compressor and use it in Final Cut Pro.
- Create a self-contained HEVC droplet for drag-and-drop encoding on the desktop.
- New MXF presets include AVC-Intra, D-10 / IMX, ProRes, and XDCAM HD in a variety of frame rates and resolutions.