Pages User Guide for Mac
- What’s new in Pages 13.2
- Intro to Pages
- Word processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Find a document
- Open or close a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Use dictation to enter text
- Accents and special characters
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Change the font or font size
- Set a default font
- Bold, italic, underline and strikethrough
- Change the colour of text
- Add a shadow or outline to text
- Change text capitalisation
- Copy and paste text styles
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Format hyphens, dashes and quotation marks
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Create a custom template
- Add 3D objects
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF or another file format
- Open an iBooks Author book in Pages
- Reduce the document file size
- Save a large document as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Lock a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
© 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Use of the “keyboard” Apple logo (Option-Shift-K) for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Apple may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of US federal and state laws.
Note: Because Apple frequently releases new versions and updates to its system software, applications and internet sites, images shown in this manual may be slightly different from what you see on your screen.
Apple, the Apple logo, AirDrop, AirPlay, AirPrint, Apple Books, Apple Music, Apple Pencil, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Digital Crown, Face ID, FaceTime, Finder, GarageBand, Handoff, iBooks, iMovie, iPad, iPad Pro, iPadOS, iPhone, iTunes, iWork, Keychain, Keynote, Launchpad, Mac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, macOS, Magic Mouse, Magic Move, Motion, Numbers, OS X, Pages, ProRes, QuickTime, Safari, Siri, Spotlight, Touch ID and TrueType are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions.
Apple ProRes, Force Touch, Multi-Touch and Touch Bar are trademarks of Apple Inc.
App Store, iCloud, iCloud Drive and iTunes Store are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions.
One Apple Park Way
Cupertino, CA 95014
IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the US and other countries and regions and is used under licence.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Apple is under licence.
Other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information in this manual is accurate. Apple is not responsible for printing or clerical errors.
Some apps and features are not available in all areas. App and feature availability is subject to change.