Keynote User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Keynote
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create your first presentation
- Choose how to navigate your presentation
- Open a presentation
- Save and name a presentation
- Find a presentation
- Print a presentation
- Customise the toolbar
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Keynote
- Create a presentation using VoiceOver
- Add lines and arrows
- Add and edit drawings
- Set the movie format
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Add linked objects to make your presentation interactive
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add mathematical equations
- Add links
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Send a presentation
- Intro to collaboration
- Invite others to collaborate
- Collaborate on a shared presentation
- See the latest activity in a shared presentation
- Change a shared presentation’s settings
- Stop sharing a presentation
- Shared folders and collaboration
- Use Box to collaborate
- Create an animated GIF
- Post your presentation in a blog
- Use iCloud Drive with Keynote
- Export to PowerPoint or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a presentation
- Move a presentation
- Delete a presentation
- Password-protect a presentation
- Create and manage custom themes
Use phonetic guides in Keynote on iPad
If you have a Chinese, Japanese or Korean keyboard set up for your Mac, iPhone or iPad, you can apply phonetic guides to words written in any language even if you don’t use any of these keyboards.
Provide a phonetic guide alongside text
Don’t include any trailing paragraph breaks or punctuation in your selected text.
Tap Phonetics. (You may need to tap until you see the Phonetics button.)
A phonetic guide appears with the selected text.
To change the phonetic guide text, tap Guide in the Phonetic Guide list, then select other guide text, or type your own in the text field at the top.
Tap anywhere outside the phonetic guide to apply the text and close the guide.
Change or remove phonetic guide text
You can change the language of phonetic guide text or remove the text.
Select the word with phonetic guide text, then tap it.
Do one of the following:
Change the guide text: In the Guide Text list, select guide text in the language you prefer.
The phonetic options presented depend on which keyboards are set up.
Remove the guide text: Tap Remove Guide.
If you can’t see the suggestions you are looking for, make sure the presentation is set up to use the language you want. Tap , tap Presentation Options, tap Language & Region, tap Language, then select a language.