Set up text forwarding
You can forward texts from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Here's how:
- On all your iOS devices, go to Settings > Messages. On your Mac, go to Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you sign in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages, then tap Text Message Forwarding.
- Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone.
As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, new SMS/MMS texts that appear in green text bubbles can be sent and received on the devices that you added.
iCloud now keeps your entire messages history updated and available on all your devices—even when you set up a new device. Learn how to keep all your messages in iCloud.
Forward older messages
- Touch and hold the message bubble that you want to forward, then tap More.
- Select the messages that you want to forward.
- Tap and enter a contact.
- Tap to send.