Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Customize the toolbar
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Adjust line spacing in Numbers on iPad
You can adjust the spacing between lines of text, change the amount of space before or after a paragraph, and add line breaks in text.
Adjust the space between lines
Tap a shape or text box, or select text in a text box.
You can’t adjust line spacing for text in a table cell.
Note: If you’re using paragraph styles in your spreadsheet and want to incorporate the line spacing change in the paragraph style, drag past the last character in the paragraph to include the formatting symbol (it’s invisible until you drag over it). See Use text styles in Numbers on iPad.
Tap , then tap Text.
Tap Line Spacing, then do any of the following:
Set the spacing between lines of text: Tap next to Spacing, or tap the value next to Spacing and enter a new value.
Set the amount of space before or after a paragraph: Tap next to Before or After, or tap the value next to Before or After and enter a new value.
Force text to the next line
Tap where you want the break to occur.
Tap Insert, then tap Line Break.