iPod touch User Guide
- Your iPod touch
- What’s new in iOS 15
- Turn on and set up iPod touch
- Wake and unlock
- Connect to the internet
- Find settings
- Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts
- Learn the meaning of the status icons
- Download or bookmark the user guide
- Learn basic gestures
- Adjust the volume
- Multitask with Picture in Picture
- Access features from the Lock Screen
- Perform quick actions
- Search with iPod touch
- Use AirDrop to send items
- Take a screenshot or screen recording
- Get information about your iPod touch
- Travel with iPod touch
- Change or turn off the sounds
- Change the wallpaper
- Adjust the screen brightness and color balance
- Change the name of your iPod touch
- Change the date and time
- Change the language and region
- Use and customize Control Center
- Change or lock the screen orientation
- Set up FaceTime
- Make and receive calls
- Create a FaceTime link
- Take a Live Photo
- Use other apps during a call
- Make a Group FaceTime call
- View participants in a grid
- Use SharePlay to watch and listen together
- Share your screen
- Change the video settings
- Change the audio settings
- Add camera effects
- Leave a call or switch to Messages
- Block unwanted callers
- Adjust map settings
- Fill out your Health Details
- Track your menstrual cycle
- Back up your Health data
- Check your email
- Set email notifications
- Search for email
- Organize email in mailboxes
- Use Hide My Email
- Change email settings
- Use Mail Privacy Protection
- Delete and recover emails
- Add a Mail widget to your Home Screen
- Print emails
- View maps
- Search for places
- Find nearby attractions, restaurants, and services
- Get information about places
- Mark places
- Share places
- Rate places
- Save favorite places
- Explore new places with Guides
- Organize places in My Guides
- Get traffic and weather info
- Delete significant locations
- Quickly find your Maps settings
- Use Siri, Maps, and the Maps widget to get directions
- Select other route options
- Things you can do while following a route
- Get driving directions
- Report traffic incidents in Maps on iPod touch
- Get cycling directions
- Get walking directions
- Get transit directions
- Delete recent directions
- Use Maps on your Mac to get directions
- Get rides
- Get music
- View albums, playlists, and more
- Play music
- Queue up your music
- Listen to broadcast radio
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Change the way music sounds
- Get started with News
- Use News widgets
- See news stories chosen just for you
- Read stories
- Listen to Apple News Today
- Search for news stories
- Save news stories for later
- Subscribe to news channels
- View photos
- Play videos and slideshows
- Delete and hide photos and videos
- Edit photos and videos
- Trim video length and adjust slow motion
- Edit Live Photos
- Make photo albums
- Edit and organize albums
- Filter and sort photos in an album
- Search in Photos
- Share photos and videos
- View photos and videos shared with you
- Watch memories
- Personalize memories
- Find people in Photos
- Show a person or place less often
- Browse photos by location
- Use iCloud Photos
- Share photos with iCloud Shared Albums
- Import photos and videos
- Print photos
- Browse the web
- Customize your Safari settings
- Change the layout
- Search for websites
- Use tabs in Safari
- Bookmark favorite webpages
- Save pages to a Reading List
- View links shared with you
- Automatically fill in forms
- Get extensions
- Hide ads and distractions
- Browse the web privately
- Clear your cache
- Use Hide My Email
- Accessories for charging iPod touch
- HomePod and AirPlay 2 speakers
- External storage devices
- Bluetooth accessories
- Make and receive phone calls
- Hand off tasks between devices
- Wirelessly stream video, photos, and audio to Mac
- Cut, copy, and paste between iPod touch and other devices
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable
- Sync iPod touch with your computer
- Transfer files between iPod touch and your computer
- Get started with accessibility features
- Turn on and practice VoiceOver
- Change your VoiceOver settings
- Learn VoiceOver gestures
- Operate iPod touch using VoiceOver gestures
- Control VoiceOver using the rotor
- Use the onscreen keyboard
- Write with your finger
- Use VoiceOver with an Apple external keyboard
- Use a braille display
- Type onscreen braille
- Customize gestures and keyboard shortcuts
- Use VoiceOver with a pointer device
- Use VoiceOver for images and videos
- Use VoiceOver in apps
- Display & Text Size
- Spoken Content
- Audio Descriptions
- Use built-in security and privacy protections
- Keep your Apple ID secure
- Sign in with Apple
- Automatically fill in strong passwords
- Change weak or compromised passwords
- View your passwords and related information
- Share passwords securely with AirDrop
- Make your passwords available on all your devices
- Automatically fill in verification codes
- Manage two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- Control access to information in apps
- Control access to hardware features
- Control app tracking permissions on iPod touch
- Control the location information you share
- Turn on iCloud Private Relay
- Create and manage Hide My Email addresses
- Use a private network address
- Control how Apple delivers advertising to you
Things you can do while following a route in Maps on iPod touch
You can share your ETA, get an overview of your route, turn off spoken directions, and more while following driving, walking, and cycling directions in the Maps app .
End directions before you arrive
Siri: Say something like: “Hey Siri, stop navigating.” Learn how to ask Siri.
Or without asking Siri, you can tap the card at the bottom of the screen, then tap End Route.
Get an overview of your route
Tap . To return to turn-by-turn directions, tap .
View a list of upcoming directions
Tap the banner at the top of the screen. Scroll down to see more directions. When finished, tap .
Share your estimated time of arrival (ETA)
Siri: Say something like: “Share my ETA.” Learn how to ask Siri.
Or without asking Siri, you can do the following:
Tap the route card at the bottom of the screen, then tap Share ETA.
Choose one or more suggested contacts, or tap Open Contacts to find a contact.
You can also add a location to your Favorites, then choose a contact to automatically receive your ETA whenever you start turn-by-turn navigation to that location.
To stop sending ETA information, tap Sharing at the bottom of the screen, then tap a name.
People using devices with iOS 13.1, iPadOS 13.1, or later receive a Maps notification with your ETA, and they can track your progress in Maps. People using devices with earlier versions receive the notification through iMessage. People using other mobile devices receive an SMS message.
To turn off Share ETA, go to Settings > Maps.
Find places to stop
While following a driving or cycling route, you can get directions to food, services, and more.
Tap the route card at the bottom of the screen.
Tap Add a Stop, then tap a category.
Tap Go for one of the nearby suggestions.
To get directions again to your original destination, tap Resume Route at the top of the screen.
Turn spoken directions on or off
On the map, tap the audio button (for example, ), then choose an option.
All directions are spoken.
Only driving alerts are spoken.
No directions are spoken.
Change other settings for spoken directions
To change the volume, press the volume buttons on the side of iPod touch.
In Settings , you can choose whether to pause spoken audio (like podcasts and audio books) during spoken directions and whether to wake iPod touch for spoken directions. When iPod touch is connected to a compatible car’s audio system, you can also choose to hear spoken directions while listening to the radio.
Go to Settings > Maps > Spoken Directions, then select your options.
Turn-by-turn spoken directions require iPod touch to be connected to the internet, and Location Services must be turned on.
Note: Turn-by-turn spoken directions are not available in all countries or regions. See the iOS and iPadOS Feature Availability website.