Add a drawing
- To draw with Apple Pencil, draw anywhere on the sheet or slide. To draw with your finger, or if you've turned on Select and Scroll with Apple Pencil, tap > > Drawing, then draw anywhere.
- To switch drawing tools, tap a tool at the bottom of the screen. You can also use the following tools for different effects or functions:
- To draw a new, filled-in shape, tap , then start drawing. To fill an area, tap , then tap the area that you want to fill.
- To erase, tap the eraser tool , then drag on the drawing.
- To edit parts of a drawing, tap , then tap or drag around the part of the drawing that you want to edit.
- To draw with a different color, tap the colored circle, then select a color. Swipe left to fine-tune a color.
- To draw with a different stroke size and opacity, tap the tool twice, tap a stroke size, then tap a new stroke size, or drag a slider to adjust the opacity.
- To undo the last action, tap .
- When you’re finished, tap Done.
Resize and move your drawing
You can resize and move the drawing after you've added it:
- To resize the drawing, tap the drawing with your finger, then drag the handles of the box.
- To move the drawing, tap the drawing with your finger, then drag it.
Edit parts of a drawing
- If necessary, tap the drawing with your finger, then tap Edit Drawing from the pop-up menu.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen, then tap or drag around the part of drawing you want to edit. An outline appears around the selection.
- Tap an option in the pop-up menu:
- To resize a selection, tap Resize, then drag the handles of the box around the selection.
- To make one drawing into two drawings, tap Separate in the pop-up menu.
- You can also cut, copy, paste, delete, and duplicate a selection.
Animate a drawing in Keynote
You can use the Line Draw build effect to draw in or draw out the image when the slide appears in your presentation.
- Choose the slide with the drawing, then tap the drawing to select it.
- Tap the drawing again, then tap Animate from the pop-up menu.
- To draw the image in, choose Build In. To draw the image out, choose Build Out.
- In the pop-up menu, choose Line Draw, then tap Play to preview the animation.
- When you're finished, tap Done.
Select and scroll with Apple Pencil
You can use Apple Pencil to scroll in your document and select objects. Go to Settings > [App name], then turn on Select and Scroll with Apple Pencil.
To add a drawing when Select and Scroll with Apple Pencil is turned on, tap > , then tap Drawing.