Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings
A factory restore erases the information and settings on your iPhone, iPad or iPod and installs the latest version of iOS, iPadOS or iPod software.
Restore your device to factory settings
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the on-screen steps. If you’ve forgotten your passcode, get help.
- Select your device when it appears on your computer. For an unresponsive device or one that won’t turn on, learn what to do. Or get help if your device doesn’t appear on your computer.
- Click Restore [device]. If you’re signed in to Find My, you need to sign out before you can click Restore.
- Click Restore again to confirm. Your computer erases your device and installs the latest iOS, iPadOS or iPod software.
- After your device has restored to factory settings, it will restart. Now you can set it up as new.