VoiceOver User Guide
- What’s new in VoiceOver
- Use VoiceOver in the login window
- Change function key behaviour
- Make VoiceOver ignore the next key press
- Learn or mute VoiceOver sound effects
- Hear hints and information
- Use positional audio
- Interact with areas and groups
- Hear progress or status changes
- Select and deselect items
- Drag and drop items
- Use cursor tracking
- Use VoiceOver Utility
- Change voice settings
- Customise verbosity
- Customise punctuation
- Change how VoiceOver pronounces text and symbols
- Change what the VoiceOver rotor shows
- Create custom labels for UI elements
- Export, import and reset VoiceOver preferences
- Use VoiceOver portable preferences
- Use VoiceOver activities
Use VoiceOver to hear punctuation on Mac
Change the level of punctuation that VoiceOver reads.
Note: VO represents the VoiceOver modifier. See Use the VoiceOver modifier.
To open the Verbosity rotor, press VO-V.
Press the Left Arrow or Right Arrow key until you hear “punctuation” and the current setting.
Press the Up Arrow or Down Arrow key until you hear the setting you want to use, such as All or None, or a custom punctuation group you created, then press the Space bar to select it.
To close the rotor, press the Escape key or Fn-Tab.
You can also set punctuation options in the Text pane of the Verbosity category in VoiceOver Utility. To open VoiceOver Utility, press VO-F8 when VoiceOver is on.
If you’re using portable preferences on a guest computer when you change punctuation settings, the settings are saved to the portable preferences drive and not to the guest computer.