macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Choose what your Mac does when you insert a CD or DVD
When you connect an external optical drive to your Mac, you can choose what your Mac does when you insert certain types of CDs and DVDs. For example, you can open Photos whenever you insert a picture CD or play music from a music CD.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click CDs & DVDs in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
Note: If you don’t have an optical drive connected to your Mac, CDs & DVDs settings aren’t available.
Use the pop-up menus on the right to choose an action for the type of inserted disc.
Tip: Turn on “Show eject in menu bar” to display the Eject menu in the menu bar for quickly ejecting disks from connected optical drives.
Some apps can start processing an inserted disc immediately. To find out how to set up an app to start processing a disc immediately, see the app’s user guide.