Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Use gym equipment with Apple Watch
Your Apple Watch can pair and sync data with compatible cardio equipment such as treadmills, ellipticals, indoor bikes, and more, providing you with more accurate information about your workout.
Pair your Apple Watch with gym equipment
Check if the equipment is compatible—youʼll see “Connects to Apple Watch” or “Connect to Apple Watch” on the equipment.
Make sure your watch is set to detect gym equipment—open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap Workout, then turn on Detect Gym Equipment.
Hold your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless reader on the gym equipment, with the display facing the reader.
A gentle tap and beep confirm that your Apple Watch is paired.
If Detect Gym Equipment is off in Settings on your Apple Watch, open the Workout app , then hold your Apple Watch near the contactless reader on the gym equipment, with the display facing the reader.
Start and end a workout
Press Start on the gym equipment to begin. Press Stop on the equipment to end the workout.
When you end your workout, data from the equipment appears in the workout summary in the Activity app on your Apple Watch and the Fitness app on iPhone.