Turn on Back Tap
- Check that you have the latest version of iOS on your iPhone 8 or later.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch, and tap Back Tap.
- Tap Double-Tap or Triple-Tap and choose an action.
- Double- or triple-tap on the back of your iPhone to trigger the action you set.
You can even set a double or triple tap to trigger an Accessibility Shortcut to quickly access features like AssistiveTouch, Siri Shortcuts, Magnifier, Reachability and VoiceOver.
- Turn on AssistiveTouch to adjust volume, lock your screen, use multi-finger gestures, restart your device or replace pressing buttons with just a tap.
- Ask Siri to quickly do everyday tasks with the apps you use the most by using Siri Shortcuts.
- Use Magnifier to turn your iPhone or iPad into a magnifying glass so you can zoom in on objects near you.
- Learn more about the accessibility features on your iPhone.