Sign in to an existing Apple TV with your pay TV or cable provider
- Make sure you have the latest version of tvOS.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings.
- Choose Users and Accounts, then choose TV Provider.
- Select your TV provider. You can also scroll down to choose a TV provider from a different country or region. Then select Sign In.
- Select the email you use to sign in to your TV provider account. If it isn't listed, select Enter New and enter your account information.*
- Enter your password, then select Sign In.
Signing in with your TV provider allows you to access apps using your provider, so you don’t have to sign in to every channel’s app.
*If you don’t know the email address or password for your account, contact your TV provider.
If your Apple TV is connected to your TV provider's internet service, they may sign you in automatically to access their content.
Your provider may also offer an app in the App Store with extra features, such as on-demand and live television. You may be prompted to install the app when you sign in, or you may need to download it separately. The app may also be available for your iPhone or iPad.
Signing in with your TV provider requires an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD.
Set up your Apple TV from your pay TV or cable provider
If you've received an Apple TV from your pay TV or cable provider, then your Apple TV may sign in to your provider account automatically — straight out of the box. Here's what you need to do to get started:
- Set up your Apple TV at home.
- During the setup process, you may need to connect your Apple TV to your cable provider's internet service to be signed in automatically. Check with your provider for more information. If you're not automatically signed in, you'll be prompted to select your provider and sign in with your account. This lets you access your subscription content on Apple TV.
- Sign in to your Apple TV with your Apple ID. If this is your first Apple product or you don’t have an Apple ID, go to the Apple ID account page to create one. If you've forgotten your Apple ID, find out what to do.
After you've set up your Apple TV, you can find your provider's app on the home screen. You may need to download the app from the App Store. You can also watch content from your provider in the Apple TV app.
Store availability and features may vary by country or region. See what you can buy in your country or region.
Enjoy your Apple TV
There's even more to do with your Apple TV.
Watch your favourite TV shows and films, browse your provider's content, tune in to a live game or discover something new — all in one place.
Siri takes the work out of watching TV, finding apps and more. Just ask for films, TV shows or apps, and Siri will find them for you.
Use the App Store to find apps that turn your living room into a fitness studio, let you shop from your sofa and get games that you’ll love.
Use AirPlay to stream videos, photos, presentations or the entire screen of your iOS device or Mac to your Apple TV.
- If you need help signing in with your pay TV or cable provider or using their app, contact your provider. You may be able to find their contact information in the App Store.
- To get help with your Apple TV, visit Apple Support.
- If your cable provider also offers internet service, you may need to connect to your home internet network to access some of your subscription content. Your content may not be available on other networks.