The people you share with will receive a message with a link to iCloud.com to view your photos. Your shared collection will be active for 30 days, but you can stop sharing the collection at any time.
How to share photos with Sharing Suggestions
- Turn on iCloud Photos on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Open the Photos app.
- Tap the For You tab, then find Sharing Suggestions.
- Swipe left to browse all of the suggested collections, then tap a collection to share.
- Tap Next to share everything or tap Select and then deselect the items that you don't want to include.
- Choose people to share with. If Photos recognises the people pictured, their names will appear automatically. People you've shared photos with before may also appear. Deselect anyone you don't want to include. Tap Add People to select more friends.
- Tap the Share in Messages button. A Messages window will appear, showing the recipients and a preview of the message that they'll receive.
- Add a comment if you like, then tap the Send button.
How to use Share Back to complete the collection
When the recipients of your collection tap the link in Messages, Photos will open and show all of the items that you've shared.* They can tap Add All to add your photos and videos at full resolution to their own library.
If Photos detects that your friends have items in their library that may be from the same time and place, a Share Back section will appear below the collection that you've sent. When they tap View, Photos will show items that may be from the same event — for example, photos taken at a beach party that you attended together.
Your friends can select which items to share back, then tap Share to send you photos capturing angles and moments that you may have missed.
* If a recipient opens the link in Messages on their Mac, the collection will appear on a web page and Share Back won't be available.
How to view your recently shared collections or to stop sharing
In the For You tab, you can see the collections that you've shared and can stop sharing any collections that are still available. Here's how:
- In the Photos app, tap the For You tab, then find iCloud Links.
- Swipe left to see the collections that you've shared or received. Tap a collection to see the photos and videos it contains.
- If you want to stop sharing one of your collections before its 30-day availability has expired, tap the More button , then tap Stop Sharing. Tap Stop Sharing again to confirm.