View notifications in Notification Center
To open Notification Center, click in the upper-right corner of your screen, or swipe left with two fingers from the right edge of your trackpad.
- To view notifications that you missed, such as calendar alerts or FaceTime calls, click Notifications at the top of Notification Center.
- To open a notification in the app that sent it, click the notification. The notification is then removed from Notification Center.
- To remove notifications without opening them, click the clear button next to a notification or group of notifications.
- To reveal controls for Do Not Disturb and Night Shift, scroll up (or swipe down) in Notification Center.
- To open Notifications preferences, click the gear button in the lower-right corner of Notification Center.
Customise alerts or turn them off
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications.
- Select an app in the left column.
- To change the notification style, select Banners or Alerts. Or select None.
You can also control other features here, such as whether notifications appear on your lock screen or include a preview. A preview contains a portion of the email, chat or other content associated with the notification. You can choose to show previews never, always or only when you unlock your Mac.
To allow or disallow notifications for specific websites, or to prevent websites from asking for permission to send notifications, learn how to customise website notifications in Safari.
Use Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb silences incoming calls and notifications. It automatically turns on when your Mac is connected to a TV or projector.
To choose when Do Not Disturb turns on and off, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications. Do Not Disturb settings are at the top of the sidebar:
For more information about Notifications, click in Notifications preferences.