- Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad.
- Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
- Remove your iPhone SIM card or iPad SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad or from another phone manufacturer, it may not fit properly.
- Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You may need to replace your SIM card.
If you still see an alert about your SIM card, contact Apple support.
Find out what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.