Before you begin
- You can find these numbers in several places, including Settings, on the physical device, in Finder or iTunes, and on the original packaging.
- When you contact Apple for support, you can use the serial number or the IMEI/MEID number to identify your device.
Find your serial number, IMEI/MEID, or ICCID
- Go to Settings > General and tap About.
- Look for the serial number. You might need to scroll down to find the IMEI/MEID, and ICCID.
- To paste this information into Apple registration or support forms, touch and hold the number to copy.
Still haven't found the number that you need? See the following sections.
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
On these devices, find the serial number in Settings and the IMEI/MEID (the MEID is the first 14 digits of the IMEI) on the back. If you need support but you can't view the Settings menu, you can use the IMEI/MEID instead of the serial number:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
On these devices, find the serial number and IMEI/MEID on the SIM tray:
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 (GSM model)
- iPhone 4s
If you have an original iPhone, find the serial number and IMEI engraved on the back.
iPad and iPod touch
Find the serial number for your iPad Pro, iPad, or iPod touch on the back of the device. On an iPad (Wi-Fi + cellular model), you'll also find the IMEI.
Finder and iTunes
You can also find the serial number for your device in Finder or iTunes:
- Connect your device to your computer.
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
- Locate your device. In Finder, make sure you're under the General tab. In iTunes click the Summary tab to see its information.
- For an iPhone, click Phone Number under your device name or the device model to find the IMEI/MEID and ICCID. For an iPad (cellular model), click Serial Number to find the CDN, IMEI/MEID, and ICCID.
If you'd like to paste this information into Apple registration or support forms, choose Edit > Copy Serial Number.
If you don't have your device
There are several places to check that might show the serial or IMEI/MEID number.
- Go to appleid.apple.com in a web browser on your computer.
- Sign in with the Apple ID that you use on your device.
- Scroll down to the Devices section. To see the serial and IMEI/MEID number, select the device.
If you still need help, here's what to try next:
- Do you have a different device with iOS 10.3 or later that's signed in to your Apple ID? On that device, go to Settings > [Your name]. Scroll down to see any devices signed in with your Apple ID. To view the serial and IMEI/MEID number, tap the device name.
- Do you still have your device's original package? Find the serial number and IMEI/MEID on the barcode:
- Still can't find the number that you need? Contact Apple Support by selecting your device from this list: