Apple Watch User Guide
- Your Apple Watch
- What’s new
- Get started
- Apple Watch gestures
- Set up and pair your Apple Watch with iPhone
- The Apple Watch app
- Charge Apple Watch
- Turn on and wake Apple Watch
- Lock or unlock Apple Watch
- Change language and orientation on Apple Watch
- Remove, change, and fasten Apple Watch bands
- Stay fit with Apple Watch
- Track important health information with Apple Watch
- Stay connected with Apple Watch
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Create an emergency Medical ID
- Manage fall detection
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- All about Apple Fitness+
- Subscribe to Apple Fitness+
- Set up Apple Fitness+ on Apple TV
- Browse Fitness+ workouts and Meditations
- Start a Fitness+ workout
- Pause and resume a Fitness+ workout
- End and review a Fitness+ workout
- Work out together using SharePlay
- Change what’s on the screen during a Fitness+ workout
- Download a Fitness+ workout
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Cycle Tracking
- Heart Rate
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
Erase Apple Watch
In some cases, you may need to erase your Apple Watch—if you forgot your passcode, for example.
Erase Apple Watch and settings
Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
Go to General > Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then enter your passcode.
If you have an Apple Watch with a cellular plan, you’re offered two options—Erase All and Erase All & Keep Plan. To completely erase your Apple Watch, choose Erase All. If you want to erase and then restore it with your cellular plan in place, choose Erase All & Keep Plan.
You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, go to General > Reset, then tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings.
If you can’t access the Settings app on your Apple Watch because you’ve forgotten your passcode, put your Apple Watch on its charger, then press and hold the side button until you see Power Off. Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset.
After the reset finishes and your Apple Watch restarts, you need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again—open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then follow the instructions shown on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
Remove your cellular plan
If you have an Apple Watch with cellular, you can remove the cellular plan at any time.
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Tap My Watch, tap Cellular, then tap next to your cellular plan.
Tap Remove [name of carrier] Plan, then confirm your choice.
You may need to contact your carrier to remove this Apple Watch from your cellular plan.