Pages User Guide for iPhone
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Edit an image in Pages on iPhone
After you add a photo or graphic to your document, you can crop it and remove parts you don’t want.
Mask (crop) a photo
You can hide unwanted portions of an image without modifying the image file.
Double-tap the image.
The mask controls appear. The default mask is the same size as your image.
Use the controls to change which parts of the image are visible:
Tap Done when you’re finished.
Double-tap the image at any time to readjust its mask.
Remove background and a color from a photo
You can remove a background or color from an image with the Remove Background tool.
Tap the image to select it, then tap Remove Background (you may have to tap first).
If possible, the background is automatically removed.
Do any of the following:
Remove another color: Drag over the color you want to remove.
As you drag, the mask selection grows to include areas that use similar colors.
Undo all changes: Tap Reset in the controls.
To work with multiple images at the same time, touch and hold one image, then tap the other images with another finger.