Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Get more apps on Apple Watch
Your Apple Watch includes apps for a variety of communication, health, fitness, and timekeeping tasks. You can also choose to install third-party apps you have on your iPhone, and get new apps from the App Store, either on Apple Watch or from your iPhone. All your apps are on a single Home Screen.
Note: To automatically download the companion iOS version of an app you’ve added to your Apple Watch, go to Settings on your Apple Watch, tap App Store, then turn on Automatic Downloads. To get the most recent versions of your Apple Watch apps, make sure Automatic Updates is also turned on.
Get apps from the App Store on Apple Watch
Open the App Store app on your Apple Watch.
Turn the Digital Crown to browse featured apps.
Tap a category or tap See All below a collection to see more apps.
To get a free app, tap Get. To buy an app, tap the price.
If you see instead of a price, you’ve already purchased the app and you can download it again without a charge. Some apps require that you also have the iOS version of the app on your iPhone.
To find a specific app, tap the Search field at the top of the screen, then type (Apple Watch Series 7 or later only), or use dictation or Scribble to enter the name of the app. You can also browse trending categories of apps by tapping a category.
Note: When using Apple Watch with cellular, cellular data charges may apply. Scribble is not available in all languages.
Install apps you already have on iPhone
By default, apps on your iPhone that have a watchOS app available are automatically installed and appear on the Home Screen. To instead choose to install specific apps, follow these steps:
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Tap My Watch, tap General, then turn off Automatic App Install.
Tap My Watch, then scroll down to Available Apps.
Tap Install next to the apps you want to install.