Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Edit an image in Numbers on iPad
After you add a photo or graphic to your spreadsheet, you can crop it and remove parts you don’t want.
Mask (crop) a photo
You can hide unwanted portions of an image without modifying the image file.
Double-tap the image.
The mask controls appear. The default mask is the same size as your image.
Use the controls to change which parts of the image are visible:
Tap Done when you’re finished.
Double-tap the image at any time to readjust its mask.
Remove background and other elements from a photo
Use the Instant Alpha tool to make parts of an image transparent. This feature is useful for removing an unwanted background or color from an image.
Tap the image to select it, then tap .
Tap Image, then tap Instant Alpha.
Drag your finger over the color you want to disappear.
As you drag, the selection grows to include areas that use similar colors. Tap and drag multiple times to remove multiple colors.
Tap Done, or tap Reset to undo all your changes and restore the image to its original state.
To work with multiple images at the same time, touch and hold one image, then tap the other images with another finger.