Create a playlist
- In the Apple Music app, find a song.
- Press and hold on the song. Or if you're on a computer, hover your pointer over the song and click the more button .
- From the menu that appears, choose "Add to a Playlist."
- Tap or click "New Playlist."
- Give your playlist a name. And if you want, add a cover image and description. If you're on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device, tap Done.
- Browse or search for another song, then press and hold on it. Or on a computer, hover your pointer over the song and click the more button .
- From the menu that appears, choose "Add to a Playlist," then choose the playlist that you created.
By default, songs that you add to playlists don't automatically add to your library. If you want to add each song to your library, you can change your settings.
Share a playlist through Apple Music
If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can make your playlists public and send them to friends.
Make a playlist public
To make your playlist public, turn on "Show on My Profile and in Search" when you create the playlist. When you make a playlist public, anyone can use search to find it.
Send a playlist to a friend
If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can send playlists to friends through Messages, Mail, Twitter, Facebook, using AirDrop, and more. The friend who receives your playlist must also have an Apple Music subscription.
To share a playlist, find the playlist that you want to share, then follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap the more button , then tap Share .
- On your Mac or PC, click the more button , then Share Playlist.
- On your Android device, tap the more button , then Share Playlist to see your sharing options.
After you choose how you want to share your playlist, a new window opens in the app that you chose. In some apps, you can add a message before you send your playlist.
Save an Apple Music playlist
You can add any public playlist to your library, including playlists that you find in the For You section of Apple Music or playlists your friends send to you. To save playlists to your library, find the playlist that you want to save, then tap or click Add.
By default, the songs in the playlist stay separate from your main library. If you want to add each song in the playlist to your library, you can change your settings.
If Apple or the owner of the playlist adds or removes any songs from a playlist that you save, the saved playlist in your library will automatically refresh to reflect the updates.