In the rare event that an image does become persistent, you can usually get rid of it by following these steps:
- Temporarily set the Energy Saver sleep setting to 'never sleep'.
- Display an all-white pattern across the entire display for the same amount of time that the persistent image had been displayed on the screen. To do this:
- Create an all-white screen in a graphics application such as AppleWorks or Photoshop, and save it as a JPEG file.
- Use this as the image displayed by the screen saver.
- Turn the display brightness down (but not off) to preserve backlight bulb life.
- Verify that the persistent image is gone.
- If necessary, repeat the process until the persistent image is gone.
- Restore the Energy Saver settings.