What is Apple Cash Family?
You can set up Apple Cash for the children and teens in your Family Sharing group so they can make purchases, and send and receive money in Messages. You can even limit who your child can send money to, get notified when they make transactions, and lock their account.1
The family organizer that set up Family Sharing for your family group must use Apple Cash Family to set up Apple Cash for family members under the age of 18.
If you're the family organizer:
- When you set up your Apple Cash account, use the same Apple ID that you used to set up Family Sharing.
- At least one member of your family group must be under 18 years old.
Requirements for the organizer and members of the family group
Set up Apple Cash for a child or teen
- On the family organizer's iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Tap [your name], then tap Family Sharing.
- Tap Apple Cash, then choose a child or teen.
- Choose Set Up Apple Cash.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to set up their account. You might need to verify your identity. If you see Pending, make sure your child meets the requirements.
After you complete these steps, you can view and manage the Apple Cash accounts of your children and teens.
How children and teens can use Apple Cash
- Sending and receiving money with Apple Pay and the Apple Cash card are services provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.