MacBook: About Battery Updater 1.4
Learn more about this battery update, which improves the ability of MacBook batteries to maintain a charge if you shut the system down and do not use it for an extended period of time.
Follow these steps to determine if your battery needs this update.
- From the Apple () menu, choose About this Mac.
- Click More Info to start the System Profiler.
- Locate the Hardware section and select Power.
- Batteries with this information in the Battery Information section need this update:
- A device name "ASMB016" or "ASMB013" in the serial number
- A Pack Lot Code is 0002
- A battery firmware version of 0110
Note: If the Pack Lot Code is 0003, the update is not necessary or has already been applied.
Download the update. A disk image named "Battery Update 1.4" will appear on your Desktop. Double-click the BatteryUpdate1.4.pkg to start the installation, then follow the onscreen instructions.
The firmware update will activate when you restart your MacBook. The updater will check the battery and update it if necessary.
You can update more than one battery by shutting down or sleeping your MacBook, replacing the battery with another, and starting up your computer or waking it from sleep. If the battery you inserted is eligible for the update, it will update when you restart or wake the computer from sleep.